Linux Network Programming Industrial Training
Linux Network Programming Course
This intensive training course transforms an IT-Professional or a Student into a Linux Network Programmer. The participant will learn to design, develop & troubleshoot network applications using Linux socket programming.
- Linux Network Programming course will be delivered by our Founder/Director who is an Expert with 5+ years of experience in Linux Kernel and software development.
- The course training flow will be an assignment driven model so that participants can have a deep understanding of how to develop networking programs and applications.
- Participants will be designing and developing network applications using C and learn how clients and servers communicate with each other using Linux socket programming. Focus will be on designing and developing network programs and debugging issues related to sockets, communication endpoints and networks.
- Lectures, Classroom Discussions and Lab Exercises
- 30% Theory, 70% Lab
- Location: Sanfoundry Institute, Bangalore, India
- A sound knowledge of C programming language
- Linux/Unix Systems Programming
IT Professionals and/or Students who want to learn key skills for developing software applications on Linux platform and become a Linux Network Programmer.
- Intro to Network Programs
- TCP/IP Protocol Stacks
- Intro to Network Programming
- Port Numbers
- Common Port Numbers
- Common Protocol Numbers
- Unix Domain Socket
- Internet Domain Socket
- Socket Functions
- Socket System Calls
- Client Side Programming
- Server Side Programming
- Byte Ordering Requirements
- Concurrent Server Design
- Iterative Server Design
- Socket Debugging Techniques
- Advanced Socket Options
- Changing Socket Buffer Sizes
- Reusing Socket Addresses
- Keeping the Connections Alive
- TCP Socket Options
- Setting Max Segment Size
- Setting TCP No-Delay
- Advanced I/O Functions
- Socket Timeouts
- Vectored Read/Writes
- Netstat – Network Stat Utility
- Tcpdump – Packet Dump Utility